11jun10:0015:00Civil Society Consultative Session on Xenophobia, Afrophobia and Criminal Violence, Implications and Developing Collective Response Strategies
Invitation to an Analysis, Discussion and Information Sharing Session The ACTION Support
Invitation to an Analysis, Discussion and Information Sharing Session
The ACTION Support Centre (ASC), Centre for Civil Society-UKZN and Centre for Community Justice and Development would like to invite you to take part in consultative session on xenophobia, criminal violence and afrophobia, implication and developing collective response strategies.
Date: 11 June 2015
Venue: Memorial Tower Building L1
Time: 10:00-15:00, Lunch will be provided
RSVP: We kindly request that you confirm your attendance by 8th of June 2015 by submitting your name, organisation and contact details to: 011 482 firstname.lastname@example.org.
This consultative session seeks to deepen long-term responses to xenophobia in South Africa with the following broad programme objectives:
- Contribute to a shared Pan-African culture of people-to-people solidarity.
- Learn from and empower Local Peace Committees’ activists, young people, non-national communities and South African communities through sharing personal and collective stories of transformation that cut across all levels.
- To instil a culture of social cohesion and peaceful coexistence in communities and fight xenophobia and hate crime in our societies.
- Share ideas and knowledge with the purpose of learning from each other and strengthening a collective African transformative agenda.
- To promote proactive actions against all ill behaviour in our communities while building communities of peace and diversity.
(Thursday) 10:00 - 15:00
Memorial Tower Building L1, UKZN
ACTION Support Centre